Bankrate lists the as follows:
- No. 1: Michael Jackson, "King of Pop"; Annual payday: $825 million
- No. 2: Charles Schulz, "Peanuts" cartoonist; Annual payday: $48 million
- No. 3: Arnold Palmer, golfing star; Annual payday: $40 million
- No. 4: Elvis Presley, rock music legend and actor; Annual payday: $27 million
- No. 5: Prince, singer/songwriter; Annual payday: $25 million
- No. 6: Bob Marley, reggae music star; Annual payday: $21 million
- No. 7: Dr. Seuss (Theodor Geisel), author and cartoonist; Annual payday: $20 million
- No. 8: John Lennon, singer/songwriter; co-founder of the Beatles; Annual payday: $12 million
- No. 9: Albert Einstein, Nobel prize-winning physicist; Annual payday: $11.5 million
- No. 10: Bettie Page, iconic pin-up model; Annual payday: $11 million
- No. 11: David Bowie, singer/songwriter; Annual payday: $10.5 million
- No. 12: Steve McQueen, actor; Annual payday: $9 million
A few thoughts here:
- Michael Jackson earned almost $ billion last year! Wow!!!
- I can see how the musicians made so much. I still have Michael Jackson, Elvis, and Bob Marley on my phone after all these years.
- Prince probably bumped up there because he just passed away recently.
- I'm surprised that Einstein is on the list. Let's hear it for smart guys!!!
- I had no idea who Bettie Page was. Still don't.
Not much else to be gleaned from these -- just thought it was a "fun" money topic to consider today. Hope you enjoy!